FROM A PARENT:
One of my friends asked "Why do you pay for your kids to do gymnastics? Well I have a confession to make, i'm not paying for my kids to do gymnastics. Personally, I couldn't care less about gymnastics.
So, if I am not paying for Gymnastics, what am I paying for?
- I pay for those moments when my kids become so tired they want to quit but don't.
- I pay for those days when my kids come home from school and are "too tired" to go to the gym but go anyway.
- I pay for my kids to learn to be disciplined
- I pay for my kids to learn to take care of their body.
- I pay for my kids to learn to work with others and to be good team mates.
- I pay for my kids to learn to deal with disappointment, when they don't get that score they'd hoped for, but still have to work hard in the process.
- I pay for my kids to learn to make and accomplish goals.
- I pay for my kids to learn that it takes hours and hours and hours and hours of hard work and practice to create a champion, and that success does not happen overnight.
- I pay for the opportunity my kids have and will have to make life-long friendships.
- I pay so that my kids can be in the gym instead of in front of a screen.
- I pay for the loyalty it teaches between my kids and the coaches...
...I could go on but, to be short, I don't pay for Gymnastics at all, I pay for the opportunities that Gymnastics provides my kids with to develop attributes that will serve them well throughout their lives and give them the opportunity to bless the lives of others. From what I have seen so far I think it is a great investment!
FROM A PARENT:
Write a comment